This post will be short and sweet. This past week I had a midway language evaluation before we received our site announcements on Thursday. I actually cartwheeled down the red carpet when they called my name such was my excitement. I was placed in a small town of roughly 10,000 people (including the surrounding villages) called Negrești (nay-Graysht), in the county of Vaslui. I am working at a highschool with 900 or so students. I will be living in my own apartment with my own wood-heat furnace!
I met my counterpart at a conference this weekend. Her name is Mihaela, she is 28, married with a son, she is very sweet and excited about teaching English. I am really looking forward to working with her and becoming friends over the next two years.
I am leaving (in two hours from now) on a train up north to Moldova country with her to visit my site for a few days, meet my new colleagues, see my new place, etc. I am very excited for this trip, watch out for photos and updates next weekend. Ciao for now.